Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Truth About "If you Can Dream It, you Can Do It"

Q: I have found the quotation, "If we can dream it, we can do it," attributed to Walt Disney, on the Internet. Do you know when he said it?
Thomas, Lincoln, Nebraska 

A [Dave Smith]: Despite its frequent publication, that is not a Walt Disney quote. We checked with Imagineer Tom Fitzgerald for the definitive answer: "I am very familiar with that line — because I wrote it! It was written specifically for the Horizons attraction at Epcot and used in numerous ways, from dialogue in the ride to graphics. I find it amusing that the Science of Imagineering DVD series attributes it to Walt Disney, but I guess I should be flattered." 

 [Marcio Disney]




He is one of the Walt’s original Imagineers and nowadays, you can read articles wrote by Tom Fitzgerald for the Disney Parks Blog! He's all about Star Tours. Just Visit: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/author/tfitzgerald/

3 comments:

  1. With all due respect, I wrote that line while working for an ad agency in New York in 1982. The line was written for GE Recruiting and found its way to Epcot. I have the brochures and ads that I wrote with that line, long before it appeared anywhere else.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowser! Really? Awesome. Have you proved and claimed this phrase since you wrote this? ( Can I get an autograph for a picture I have?) 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think William Arthur Ward that should actually get the credit. If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you can dream it, you can become it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...